"Trust in Yahweh with all your heart; Do not rely on your own insight. " - Prov 3:5 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jer 29:11

Saturday 21 May 2016

THANKING GOD - IV

Jonah 2:9 – But I with the voice of thanksgiving will sacrifice to you; what I have vowed I will pay. Deliverance belongs to the Lord.

Jonah was in distress... yet, in the anticipation of sure deliverance, fully trusting in the Lord, he offers thanksgiving already. God honors such confidence in Him.. (Jonah 2:10).

Thanksgiving becomes a sacrifice when it proceeds from a heart which truly understands God’s mercies, AND is accompanied by a course of life well-pleasing to God.

Gratitude is an antidote to negative emotions, a neutralizer of envy, hostility, worry, and irritation.

No comments:

Post a Comment