"Trust in Yahweh with all your heart; Do not rely on your own insight. " - Prov 3:5 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jer 29:11

Sunday 11 December 2016

GLORIOUS GRACE! - 27

Matthew 18:21-22 –  Then Peter came and said to him, "“Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” Jesus said to him, "Not seven times, but, I tell you, seventy times seven” indicating that you forgive all the time!

There is no such thing as a “partial sinner” or “great sinner”. All of us are great sinners but Jesus forgave us and saved us. And when we realize that we are forgiven much, we will love the Lord much. (Luke 7:47)

So if someone has wronged you, tell yourself this: “I did not deserve God’s forgiveness, but He forgave me through Christ. So I forgive this person also.” If you say something like, “He does not deserve it,” it makes no sense. Neither did you deserve God’s forgiveness. Forgiveness is not for people who deserve it. If they deserve anything, it is punishment. But forgiveness means that you extend grace and mercy—like how God extends undeserved favour to you.

If you choose to hold on to bitterness, no one suffers but you. You lose your peace, then possibly your health. It is just not worth it. God tells you, “Let go. Forgive them their debts, just as I have forgiven you yours.”

Thought for the day!
When we realize that we are forgiven much, we will love much!

No comments:

Post a Comment