"Trust in Yahweh with all your heart; Do not rely on your own insight. " - Prov 3:5 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jer 29:11

Sunday 20 November 2016

GLORIOUS GRACE! - 13

Philippians 3:13–14 -  Beloved, I do not consider that I have made it my own; but this one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus.

Are you living a life of regrets thinking, “If only I had…” ? Is your past robbing you of the joy of today? Put your past behind!

Consider St. Paul. If the devil had anything to bring against Paul, it would be reminders of how he had persecuted the early church and caused the deaths of many, including Stephen, the first Christian martyr. Now Paul says, “forgetting what lies behind…”

God’s Word says, “The glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.” (Isaiah 58:8). His glory will cover your past. It has been wiped out. It is gone! So don’t let your past rob you of today’s joy any longer! (Must read Heb 10:17 and Rom 8:28).

Thought for the day!
Because God’s glory covers your past, you don’t have to let your past rob you of today’s joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment