"Trust in Yahweh with all your heart; Do not rely on your own insight. " - Prov 3:5 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jer 29:11

Wednesday 11 January 2017

GLORIOUS GRACE! - 53


Matthew 4:4 - He [Jesus] answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”

When the devil tempted Jesus, Jesus turned the Word of God on him, saying, “It is written…It is written…It is written…” (Matthew 4:4, 7, 10)

Likewise, if the devil makes you think, “Look at the meagre balance in my bank account. How am I going to pay my bills?” just say, “I'm not going to worry because I know that my God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19). It doesn’t matter how much I have in the bank. God’s Word tells me that as the need arises, the supply will be there!”

When fear grips you, don’t try to rationalize or reason your fear away. Instead, speak God’s Word into the situation. Say, “It is written, ‘For God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.’” (2 Timothy 1:7)

Should the devil remind you of the pain in your body, you know what to say… (Isaiah 53:5; 1 Peter 2:24)  It has to line up with God's Word, because by the wounds of Jesus you are healed!”

When the devil tries to deceive you, give him the Word of God. There is something about the Word of God that scares him and he can't hang around those who use it. It reminds him of Jesus, the Word made flesh (John 1:14), who rendered him powerless and of no effect when He said, “It is written…” and this reminder scares him away.

Thought for the day!
Turn the Word of God on the devil when he comes to tempt or scare you. Use the Word of God liberally. You will render him powerless and of no effect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment