"Trust in Yahweh with all your heart; Do not rely on your own insight. " - Prov 3:5 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jer 29:11

Sunday 22 January 2017

GLORIOUS GRACE! - 63

John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.

Jews greet each other with the words “shalom, shalom” (we can do that too)… “Shalom” does not just mean peace of mind, but also wholeness for your entire being—spirit, mind and body. It means having a sense of completeness and soundness. In other words, shalom encompasses your provision, health and total well-being.

When Jesus spoke He would have used the Hebrew word “shalom”, and not the English word “peace”, saying, “Shalom I leave with you, “My shalom” I give to you…” Interestingly, the word “leave” here actually means “bequeath”, the way a rich man bequeaths his estate to his beneficiary. The disciples understood that having “Jesus’ shalom” meant having His abundance.

His peace was different.. It would change whatever trying circumstances that beset them. Even if it was a mega storm, it would have to bow to His peace. The Prince of Peace merely spoke, “Peace, be still!” and the winds and the sea obeyed Him. (Mark 4:39).

That is the kind of peace that Jesus has bequeathed to us. Therefore, believe that His shalom which He has left with us will change all our difficult situations, taking us from sickness, lack and mental anguish to health, provision and total wellness!

Thought for the day!
Jesus has bequeathed us His shalom, which does not just mean peace of mind, but also wholeness for your spirit, mind and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment