"Trust in Yahweh with all your heart; Do not rely on your own insight. " - Prov 3:5 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jer 29:11

Sunday 22 January 2017

GLORIOUS GRACE! - 66

Romans 5:5 – and hope does not disappoint us, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Today, some express hope as if we can’t be sure what will really happen. We say, “I hope I will win that prize. I hope it won’t rain tomorrow. I hope everything works out well.”

But “hope” in the Bible is a confident and positive expectation of good. God wants you to have a confident expectation of good because as His child, He favours you. Because Christ is in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27), you can expect the glory of God to shine into every area of your life, including your family, job, ministry, health and finances!

God’s Word says, “Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.” You may have experienced disappointed hopes, but there is a hope that does not disappoint when you are conscious of how much God loves you. It is a hope that springs from the heart of God, who loves you very much.

When you are in a doubtful situation or going through a trial, you can say, “Jesus loves me this I know,” you can then say, “I believe that I will get / pass / be healed / be reconciled...” as per your situation.

Thought for the day!
When you believe that God loves you, you will have a positive expectation of good. Being conscious of how much God loves you, gives you a hope that does not disappoint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment