"Trust in Yahweh with all your heart; Do not rely on your own insight. " - Prov 3:5 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jer 29:11

Saturday 6 August 2016

Becoming the-best-version-of-yourself! V.47

Ponder : The ability to deny yourself some comfort or pleasure is an essential life skill. Each time you deny yourself, it becomes a spiritual exercise, a spiritual push-up that strengthens the soul and contributes to a  successful marriage, parenting, career, etc.

Consider : 1Pet 2:11 - Beloved, I urge you as aliens and exiles to abstain from the desires of the flesh that wage war against the soul. (Read 2Tim 2:22; 1Cor 9: 24-27).

Answer : Will you consciously practice the Gospel habit of denying yourself? Being a Christian, have you ever considered the exhortation in Mt 16:24?

Implore : O Jesus my Lord, thank you for all the comforts you have given me and let me not to be addicted to these. Teach me to discern that daily denial of self, allows me to open up to the grace I need to overcome my sinfulness.

God wants to transform you AND the way you live your life! SURRENDER!

No comments:

Post a Comment