"Trust in Yahweh with all your heart; Do not rely on your own insight. " - Prov 3:5 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jer 29:11

Saturday 6 August 2016

Becoming the-best-version-of-yourself! V.49

Ponder : God considers gluttony and greed, a character trait of an evil person to be avoided (Prov 23:20). Our self-discipline is tested every time we see an advertisement for any product or food, exhausting us of perseverance for good and draining us of resistance to evil.

Consider : Phil 3: 18-19 - For many live as enemies of the cross of Christ... Their end is destruction; their god is the belly; and their glory is in their shame; their minds are set on earthly things. (Add  James 1:14-16).

Answer : Do you control your desires or do the desires control you when you enter a kind of "all-you-can-eat" function or restaurant? Do you realise that it's a disgrace and you dishonour God by your greed? (Lk 12:15; Ps 10:3).

Implore : O Jesus my Lord, transform me and remove greed and gluttony from my system. Fill me with self-control and teach me to deny myself, and thus be a good witness.

God wants to transform you AND the way you live your life! SURRENDER!

No comments:

Post a Comment