"Trust in Yahweh with all your heart; Do not rely on your own insight. " - Prov 3:5 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jer 29:11

Sunday 26 June 2016

Becoming the-best-version-of-yourself! V.15

Ponder : The Gospels tell us of our serious and mandatory obligation to the poor - think of some poor relatives, others in your neighbourhood, etc... It's easy to say "I love God" or that "I am a Christian". But Jesus challenges us to prove it in action. Faith without works is dead! (James 2:14-17).

Consider : Those who oppress the poor insult their Maker, but those who are kind to the needy honor him - Prov 14:31.  Whoever gives to the poor will lack nothing, but one who turns a blind eye will get many a curse - Prov 28:27 (Read Mt 25:40; Micah 6:8).

Answer : How have you treated God's special friends, "the least of His brothers", the poor, the needy, the hungry, the lonely, the afflicted, the sick, the ignorant... ? Do your values align with those of Jesus?

Implore : O Jesus my Lord, open the eyes of my heart so that I may see "the least of our brothers" around me, the sick, the afflicted, the suffering, those who need clothes, food, or with other needs. Help me to live like a Christian, by your grace.

God wants to transform you AND the way you live your life! SURRENDER!

No comments:

Post a Comment