"Trust in Yahweh with all your heart; Do not rely on your own insight. " - Prov 3:5 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jer 29:11

Sunday 31 July 2016

Becoming the-best-version-of-yourself! V.34

Ponder : You cannot be a Christian, if you are not able to practice self-denial -- willingness to say "no" to indulgent gratification. Self-denial refines the soul, sharpens the senses, strengthens the will and controls our desires. Self-denial promotes self-control.

Consider : Titus 2: 11-12 - For the grace of God (Jesus) has appeared, bringing salvation to all, training us to renounce impiety and worldly passions, and in the present age to live lives that are self-controlled, upright, and godly... (Read Lk 9:23).

Answer : In what area of your life do you show greed and lack of self-control? Can you make a decision to say "no" to your pompous vanities and live a simple life? How self-controlled are you? (Read Gal 5:22-23).

Implore : O Jesus my Lord, give me the grace and the strength to say "no" to my greed and fill me with the fruit of the Holy Spirit so that I may exercise self-control.

God wants to transform you AND the way you live your life! SURRENDER!

No comments:

Post a Comment