"Trust in Yahweh with all your heart; Do not rely on your own insight. " - Prov 3:5 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jer 29:11

Sunday 31 July 2016

Becoming the-best-version-of-yourself! V.38

Ponder : Pride prevents us from allowing God to transform us radically. Only the humble soul can be led. Only the humble soul is "coachable". Only the humble soul can truly advance in spiritual life.

Consider : Prov 22:4 - The reward for humility and fear of the LORD is riches and honor and life. James 4:6 - But he gives all the more grace; therefore it says, "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble." (Read Mt 23:12; Lk 1:52; Prov 16:5).

Answer : Are you wise in your own eyes? (Prov 3:5-6). Do you place confidence in your own wisdom or power, and seek the praises of men rather than appreciation from God?

Implore : O Jesus my Lord, teach me to subject my arrogant nature to humility. Banish all lingering sparks of self-importance that could make me elevate myself and spurn You. Let my heart always imitate Your humility!

God wants to transform you AND the way you live your life! SURRENDER!

No comments:

Post a Comment